All persons requesting to apply for an exemption must complete a permanent application form (State Form PA-29) and the Elderly Exemption Worksheet.
State Form PA-33 is also required for all properties owned by a Trust or have Life Estate Interests.
The completed application must be submitted to the Assessor’s Office no later than the close of business day on April 15th of the tax year in the year in which application is made.
1) Is at least 65 years old on or before April 1st; and
2) A person has to have been a resident of the State of New Hampshire for at least three (3) years preceding April 1st;
3) Must have a net income from all sources, no greater than $36,000 for a single person and no greater than $60,000 if married.
4) Owns assets not greater then $75,000 of any kind, tangible or intangible --- less bonafide encumbrances, and further, excluding the value of his/her residence plus 2 acres of land.
5) Must not have received transfer of the property from a blood relation, or person related by marriage, within five (5) years prior to date of application (April 1).
$ 60,000 Valuation Reduction (65-75 Years of Age)
$ 80,000 Valuation Reduction (75-80 Years of Age)
$100,000 Valuation Reduction (80 or More Years of Age)